Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New version 2.0 for Sure Cuts A Lot

No first day of school pics yet today. I have to find my cable to download the pics. I hate that. it is one of the reasons I would consider purchasing one of those cards that auto synch with bluetooth. I am shooting for tomorrow.

***
But news I have today is the new version 2.0 SCAL software. Sure Cuts A Lot software is offered to work with the Cricut and allow you to bypass the need for cartridges. Here is a screenshot. I literally just downloaded it loaded it. It still appears you need to break apart the SVGs for use within the program. There is now a group or ungroup within the program. Also you can select all and move them at once. Here are some screenshots.


Here are some of the tabs that have added features. I will be playing! How exciting.





Whether you choose to use SCUT vs 2.0 or vs 1.0 My files will work. They were created in Vs 1, but will open in Vs 2.0 and you can import that svgs or open the ai files in inkscape.
At first glance ... It does appear that if you have files created in in 1.0 you can open them in vs 2.0

And saved as SCUT

However, if you have files created in vs 2.0 saved as SCUT they will not back track.

You can import SVGs but they still do need to be separated SVGs. There is not a break apart.
These are my first observations (if you have additional ones, please send them to me). I will keep using the vs 1.0 to save my SCUT files so more users will be able to use it. For those who do not wish to upgrade.
I have to say $30 is quite a bit cheaper then my adobe upgrades for the added features.
If you want to upload both versions to your computer... Before you install... Create an additional craft edge 2.0 folder within your Program files. Then install the program into the second folder so it doesn't overwrite your version one. If you can't see your Program files folder usually on your c drive. you need to turn on the hidden folders view in Windows and while you are there also add the hidden extension tab. so you can have more control over your files and your computer.
If you have some of my tutorials from the forum. I will update which version they are and continue on with making more. Have a wonderful day!
Enjoy!
Chris




Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can
.

No comments:

**