Monday, July 6, 2009

Border Collie.. meets Rain Puddle


Much discussion at my front door between a 5 year old and his Border Collie about why she could not come in the house. It rained Thursday night. Poured and Poured. Freckles decide to go out and check out the wet world and play in the morning. This is after she cleaned herself off some. She wants to know why I am holding a camera and not itching her belly. I like the differences in the picture between the straight wood texture and her crazy fur and then of course the BLUE eye staring at the Camera like Come on Come on! Scratch my belly.
**
Saturday we went to some friends. We love to go to Prescott for fourth but needed to stay home this year. So we went over to some friends. There was a little girl there that we know through family friends and associations. She is a cutey. I am hanging inside for a bit with the kids. so they aren't pulling down curtains, coloring on walls, eating on the table not on the plate on the table. Those kinda things. The little girl apparently is learning that hitting is not so Kosher (according to her Mom). She smacked me on the arm and although I couldn't imagine there was a mark. Slight tingling because it is the arm I refer to as "the dog arm". The nerves still aren't just right in it and it still bugging me. I looked at her with this pure puzzlement... I am thinking an apology now would be best your move. And I didn't say anything just cocked my head a little and stared at her. My little one says behind her... "Oh you better not do that again. My Mom does NOT like to be hit. You better say your sorry." And the little girl giggles at me jumps up on my lap "It doesn't hurt she says. It was just little and is giggling" So we have now figured out her game. To get attention she hits and smiles and giggles. Still nothing out of me. And I am not glaring or anything. Just waiting to see how this plays out. "My son pops up and says "Yeah but my Mom thinks hitting is Rude. I would say I am sorry". Sorry she says and wraps her arms around my neck and squeezes tight. I squeeze her to. And say "it's okay, but please don't hit me again. It is very Rude". She smiles and gets down. My son just smiles as if to say. SEE I do listen ( I am so proud of him. My Kindergartener in two weeks. Yeah!)... But outloud he says... "CAN I have some strawberry cake now? I had the brownie a long time ago." Haa! Time Warp Continuum as he still has brownie on his fingers, face and just a teeny piece on the end of his nose. Or is that some of the chocolate strawberry. Who knows. But it was a wonderful time and very mellow and relaxing with friends.
Hope you had a wonderful 4th weekend!
Enjoy!
Chris


Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**