Sunday, August 5, 2007

A round of thank youssss

First off a Round of Thank yous to my downloaders and their touching emails and comments.

2nd off. Thank you to my fellow designers at Paperthreads. They really have spent alot of time this weekend chatting me through this and decisions and what to do.

3rd - A PUBLIC Thank you... and some of you may think I am crazy.. But I a public thank you to the two ladies who for one sent out my file and the other forwarded the thanks to a wrong group and started this whole mess. A Public thank you for sending me an Apology. I was pleasantly surprised when I received it and didn't think I would.

4th - A thank you to the groups moderator for helping to work with me on this matter. Yes I had started contacting some groups asking for help. I also want to say that it isn't the groups error that it was sent to... it is the sender that violates the terms. I have removed their name from my post and let you know that the groups owner it was sent through is a very helpful and positive person and very knowledgeable about copyright and commented that they discuss it regularly. It is unfortunate this post went through that group, but it has been removed from the archives of that group and also from my blog.


Now lets get back to crafting and having fun! Oh yeah. Okay I need to get this KNK cutting and not just drawing... I am soooo good at the drawing. I am afraid to put the blade to the paper and retire my trusty CR.

There will be some changes happening at my blog and I will not be abandoning it. I will keep you posted. But otherwise .. enjoy.. the rest of your weekend!

Enjoy!
Chris

Please be aware that the yahoo group this item was posted to has contacted me and is frustrated that their group has been seen in a negative light. I will be the first to say. I don't think it is the group that violated the TOUs. It is the downloader who passed it on. I have removed the name of the group from my blog as after getting all the details and speaking with the person who answers the Owner emails I absolutely in no way feel it is the groups fault. I am sure it is a wonderful group of people who are based on a crafting business and would like to emphasize that it is the downloader who is the violator and not the group. Please keep that in mind.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You go, Girl! I'm so glad to see that you're coming up with decisions that make you feel better about this. I just hated that strangers were hurting your spirit!

Brenda Schonig said...

WahhhhhhhhhI so hate change!...sorry Chirs you had to go through this...what a bummer.....please keep my email addy so you can kep me informed of the changes you make! Your files have been awesome and I was looking forward to more word books! I hate it when a few ruin it for the rest of us and we are the ones who have to be punished for the wrong doers......what a sad world we live in.

kpenn1700 said...

Chris,
Hang in there. I love reading about your life and family. You are so creative I know you will come through fine.
Kathy

kpenn1700 said...

Chris,
Hope you are feeling better about things and have come to some decisions that feel right to you. You have a wonderful family and real creative talent. I admire you.
Kathy

Bandon, Oregon said...

Oh Chris... I am so sorry... Not real sure what is going on. But, I want to tell you how much I appreciate YOU!!! I have learned so much about my cutter, being able to do things, even though I didn't get to enter the Word Book contest... I learned alot about using files, my program, my cutter. I felt so encourage by what others posted durning the contest.

I love coming to the blog just to read about you and your family.

Know you are in my heart,
Faith

Anonymous said...

It sounds like things are looking up! I will keep checking your blog daily (sometimes several times a day!) to keep up to date on what's going on.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I am so sorry for your frustrations.

There are alternatives to the pay services to send out passwords. You could set up a yahoo group like the Fontpacks one where you send out your passwords and don't allow posts. This would give you the privacy you seek without the expense or the added e-mails to wade through too.
Ileana

Patty M said...

Chris, love your files and so sorry that someone doesn't know how to play fair and follow the rules. Please keep me posted your new files.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that someone shared your files. I have always enjoyed your files. They are wonderful. I hope that you will still offer freebies. Also, I do enjoy reading about your life and family. I have a son who is about the same age as yours and it is nice to read that they are much alike. Thank you for everything.

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I recently started following your website and downloading files. You are so very talented and open to sharing your life and creativity. You are inspiring not only related to scrapbooking but in your family life. Truly sorry all this mess has gone one, but admire the way you have handled the situation.

Thank you,

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Chris and everyone else!!! I'm just so happy to be included! Awesome designs and I would have missed them and coming here daily! I can tell you, Chris' blog is the only one I look forward to and read on a daily basis.
-Margaret

Anonymous said...

Chris,

You could call me a lurker to your blog. I discovered it about 6 weeks ago and I have loved the files you share and the glimpses into your life. I am so sorry to read about your troubles with people that fail to follow the Terms and conditions of use for your files. I am glad that you haven't taken the anonymous posters comments to heart. That is a prime example of someone who does not understand copyright laws. Free or not your files still have that protection. As for them not being a cure for cancer, well... neither is Mickey Mouse but you can sure bet Disney protects their copyrights on their images. It is a real pet peeve of mine when I see scrapbookers break copyright laws. In my opinion it shows a total lack of respect for the creator.

I hope you continue to share your wonderful works of art. I have loved collecting them and I have found them an inspiration to some of my own creations.

**