Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gfree White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal cookies.

This weekend I decided to break down and make an oatmeal cookie. I have been thinking about an oatmeal cookie and craving one for a few weeks now. Finally it is time to try something. I had a bag of craisins from Ocean Spray and white chocolate chips so my plan was set.

 

Now time to find a recipe that I could make gfree. I used Pamela's baking and pancake mix. I usually can swap this for flour with a 1 to 1 ratio. And I had Bob's Red Mill gluten free oatmeal. So off I went. I followed this recipe HERE on the Ocean Spray website. Except with the switch out of a few gluten free replacements.

 

Mine didn't come out like that chunky picture on their site, but more spread out and flat as you can see in my picture. (where did I get that black hue in the picture. Must be from my phone.) To do differently I would have cut the salt in half. I try to avoid salt so they seemed salty to me. My guys said they were yum. In fact I had to hide some up in the cupboard so they would last a few days.

 

I also cooked them about 4 minutes longer then indicated, but I had two trays baking at once and I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Nothing worse thaan making a cookie after waiting to do so and having it stick to the pan.

 

I put them in a Ziploc bag, well most of them,  so they could stay moist and chewey.

 

Other than that it has filled my craving for oatmeal cookie. And was a hit with my guys. Yeah!  Always adventures in gfree cooking.

 

Now for canning. 25 lbs of tomato sit on my counter waiting for beautiful jars to hold them. So that is my next project to under take. Yeah.

 

If you have a moment for  a prayer today, Maire, my husband's cousin needs a prayer push over the threshold of surgery. We are praying her brain surgery comes off without a hitch and her medical staff is blessed with the knowledge to complete the surgery successfully. Her kids and hubby wait for her to come out of surgery and gain her life back. Thank you for sharing your moment of prayer with my family.

 

Have wonderful day!

Enjoy!

Chris

 

 

 

 

No comments:

**