Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Western Skies


The evenings here have been beautiful. When we get a chance we sit outside and watch the horses run around and the beautiful sunsets. Chris LeDoux has a county song called Beneath these Western Skies and I think it is one of my husband and mines favorite songs. So this file is simple with not a ton of frills, but I love to watch my horses do their thing. It is very quiet and simple and relaxing thing for me. This file has the words Western Skies welded together and then a mat to place underneath it. Hope someone can use the file. This file is no longer available for download, but may be purchased here. Please do not share or alter and claim as your own. Please do not post to Yahoo Groups. I offer my files free before I put them up for sale. So everyone has a chance at them. Thank you. Downloading this file is an acceptance of these terms. password is summer.
Enjoy!
Chris
**************************************************************
Chris LeDoux has since passed on. We were lucky enough to sit front row and see him perform a year before he passed. My hubby shook his hand and we had a wonderful evening.
Here are a few words from that song that ring true for us....


But if they ever saw a sunrise on a mountain mornin’
Watched those cotton candy clouds roll by
They know why I live beneath these Western Skies


I gotta be where I can see those Rocky Mountains
Ride my horse and watch an eagle fly
I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these Western Skies
When I die you can bury me beneath these Western Skies, Yippee

14 comments:

scrappinmama said...

You have really outdone yourself this time. This file is beautiful!! Thank you so much for posting this one. :)

Anonymous said...

Great file, now we can all dream of the peacefulness! Thanks again for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Très, très beau - thanks for sharing your work...
Merci de France

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

This file is amazing & the story behind it makes it all the more special. Thank you so much for sharing these files with us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you again Chris, another beautiful file *Ü* I have a friend that loves and owns a couple of horses and this will be perfect for her. Also thought you might enjoy this video. This horse is absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Thank you so much for sharing this file.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Chris. Your designs are so pretty and classy.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You must have a wonderful life! So peaceful:) Mine is so chaotic these days and wish I could just enjoy the sunsets. You inspire me to settle down this week on my break and do that!

Kim

Robin said...

Awesome file Chris. I've been looking for just the right touch on put on my horse page and you have given me it. Thank you so much. Your work is beyond words

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Beautiful file. I'm sure by the time all the work is done taking care of everything it's necessary to sit and enjoy a beautiful sunset just to have the strength for the work again tomorrow. Very inspiring. Thank you again.
Shae

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgous!

Anonymous said...

It's my first time visiting your blog. I am impressed. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I love the file, could you tell me what font it is, if not it is fine, that would be great for Southwestern Skies as well.

Pat said...

Just wanted to thank you for your comments about our friend, Chris LeDoux! We saw him in concert several times, and were never disappointed. On a road trip from Montana to Arkansas, I stopped at a little convenience store in Kaycee, WY (his home) - the walls were plastered with memorabilia! Chris was definitely one of the 'good guys' - we miss him!

**