Thursday, November 6, 2008

One gift done - Clear Acrylic Album. easy peasy.




Here is one of the gifts I have been working on. I was really nervous about working with one of these clear acrylic albums and in fact bought this book from Michelle at Paperthreads last holiday season with the intention of using them. But just kinda stared at them blankly. So I jumped into it this year. I have a niece who is in high school and this is a difficult age group to make for. So I took one of these albums and made it so she could put her friends pictures in it. My supplies were, black staz-on ink pad, swirly rubber stamp, some scrap two sided colored card stock, photo corners, the album, and a couple package of stickers that had a clear look to them. So really not alot of supplies and I finished the album in half an hour. I put the clear photo corners on the back side with a precut piece of paper slipped into each spot. This way she can write on the back of the paper and put a picture on the front side of the paper or not write on the paper. Totally her call. I used the theme of girls and friends and stuck with the stickers that might emphasize this. the stickers have a clear look to them. I hope she will like it and I enjoyed doing it.


In the pictures you will see only two jump rings/binder rings. The ones that came with the alum were just huge! I didn't like them. So I took them off and put two smaller ones on that I liked better. I intend to go get another package of them. I might decorate the rings with ribbon, but it kinda has a clean look to it right now. So I might leave it.



Well hopefully my niece isn't reading my blog because here are pictures of her gift. Super easy to make.


This word Fabulous is super sparkly!
to funny you can see my camera reflection in the album. haha.











And this is for my niece who is in the picture on the left. Super cutey! (well they are sisters and therefore both my nieces ha)When I got married I was blessed with such wonderful nieces. I am working on a gift for the niece on the right which I will will post next week. We were celebrating their Dad's birthday, Uncle Jeff. And there is also a pic of Uncle Jeff and my little one.






Have a wonderful day!


Enjoy!



Chris Durnan, designer


My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!

1 comment:

Heather Huggins said...

Awesome album Chris!! I've seen these but haven't tried it yet...:)

**