Thursday, January 8, 2009

Life Ramblings...

Wow is it Thursday already!! What a busy week it has been!. For sure. Chilly here to so extra things going on. Things that colder climates are used to. For those of us in the desert, we are just not so prepared for lower temps that happen once a year. Like making sure the pipes are covered and the plants are okay and keeping the horses calm in the arena. We let them all out so they can huddle together to stay warm. Was about 30 the other night and when the hubby went out to feed they were all sleeping on the ground together in one group. Which is nice. Because they do not always get along! The coyotes have been jumping the fence and getting in the trash. RRRRRR!! They wouldn't normally do this because we keep the dogs out. But with it being so cold they have been locked in the laundry room at night to keep warm. Little disruptions to the regular routine. I have two heelers. One is a full heeler and the other is a mix.


Ruby, up above, loves to be outside. She would rather be outside then inside at all times. So being in the house is a strain on her. Jack, below, however had some accidents growing up. Like cracked leg bones, chipped growth plates.. all of the above.. along with stomach issues. So he hates the cold. He is crabby and just aches you can tell because his ears lay down. I know when to give him a zantac for his tummy just by looking at those ears. I call him Zantac Jack. I always have a supply on hand to help him make it through his tummy problems when they come about.
These two dogs spend their days herding my son. And relaxing on the front porch. And guarding our fences. Which works well for me. We live a few hours from the border and have experienced strangers walking up on the property and peering in the windows a few years back before the perimeter fence went up. If it weren't for our dogs, I seriously believe they would have broken in. And one female and three unknown men is a scarey situation. My dog Jack below wouldn't leave my side and was frothing at the mouth as he growled and I stood in the hallway trying to get my husband on the phone. My husband was at a neighbors and flew up the driveway in our big 'ol truck. I am reminiscing about my hero in his white chariot (ford f250) coming to the rescue. hahah.. Anyways they spend the days herding my son and making sure he doesn't get to close to anything and will bark at something and alert me right away to any problems. I am sooo blessed to have them. Zantac and all. Jack's favorite thing is the Tennis Ball. He will chase anything round like snowballs or snag lemons off the tree to play with. The sneak!

So we went to church last Sunday and we have been going to a church in town with family over the holidays. So we went to the one out by us and we walked in and my son whispers... God got a Christmas Tree. I had to giggle and smile. This tree was more noticeable then most because it stood about 12-15 feet high and wasn't full, but spindly in parts and full in others with a lot of height. Kind of gangly, but as I sat in church and looked at it with its simple ornaments and lights and patchs where you could see the wall behind it. I just thought. It sure is beautifull!!! It made me think of my Grandpa in Wisconsin and trudging out to look at trees on the farm with him. He would point out trees that had patches and holes in them as a prospect to cut down for the tree and I always thought because I was little. "What is he doing there is a big hole!" And now in retrospect he was probably thinking which tree if I cut it down will cause the least of a whole in my windbreak around the house. hahaha. Those lines of trees make great windbreaks in the winter when it is freezing in Wisconsin. My memories of my Grandpa on the farm are very far between because we moved from the farm when I was little to another town and had a house with a few acres. But when things like that pop up on me I cherish them.

The other thing my little one decided to share with us during church... My hubby gave him a dollar to put in the collection. My son is very keen on funds right now. He is saving for Sea World in June and when we purchase Christmas gifts this last year we talked about money and buying things and only having so much to spend and the importance of watching what you spend. These are lessons hards learned at any age. So with this.. My son gets the collection basket and looks up at my hubby and he whispers very loudly and with an incredulous tone.. "We have to pay God to come???" I think my tongue bled for ten minutes after that as I tried not to laugh or giggle outloud. I didn't hear what my hubbies response was because I had a vaccum in my head from the giggles trying hard to bounce out and my eyes starting to water from the pressure.... hahaha... Love my life.

I better run to get some new files ready for upload. Thank you to everyone for their awesome emails. Have a wonderful day!!

And if you made it this far thanks for listening to my ramblings. haha.

Enjoy!


Chris Durnan, designer
The designer of the original QMC - aka Chris's Cutter File Club. Files available in SCUT GSD KNK WPC & AI. Multi-layered, Test Cut files. 20 plus files, but every membership so far has had 29 files for $10. Join today and get that icing on the cake of 9 extra files over 20 for $10.00
For more info... . Don't miss out before it closes!

No comments:

**