Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Coaster Album and Easy Cheap Lightbox

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO DOWNLOAD
THE QMC 2nd quarter 2009 files. please do so.

A little show and tell today. I made this coaster album for a friend of mine. I asked her to grab some coasters when she went out to eat and she keeps giving them to me everytime I see her. SWEET!! So I made her a coaster album. There is room for more pages. I punched the hole with my new big bite cropadile and first time I officially used Stickles. Wow. Just wow. Okay and Wow. love it.




Many ask me what I do for pictures. I used to take them on the kitchen table. Then I looked into lightboxes and I have a few issues. I don't want to give up anymore space in my craft room for a light box. I didn't like some of the sizes for the lightboxes and I am a cheapo. So I came up with this. I purchased a white project board. Those ones that have two sides stand up on their own and can be used for science fairs. I cut the side and creased the back. So when I want to take it out. It takes me just a few seconds to fold it and put little paperclips overlapping the edges so it stays in place and I already had the lights under my cupboards. So I talked to my Aunt In Law and she showed me the settings on my little digi camera to change the white balance. I must confess I never really went past the point and click. There are a lot of buttons that thing.

So that is my easy peasy cheapo lightbox and when it gets dirty I will just buy a new board. It isn't the high tech photography photos but it met most of my needs and requirements. I have been told by a friend I should get a small light to point up from the front of it. but I am okay with the results for now.
Have a wonderful day!
Enjoy!
Chris




Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**