Thursday, January 14, 2010

Things I'd like to see.. The Zutter Kutter & Distressor

Well because I have an affection for cutters. Anything with that word in it piques my interest. My favorite tool in my craft room is a professional grade scoring board. You manual score, but at the same time I have score 500 invitations for a non-profit one time and it went so smoothly it was worth every penny. I used it in my former life managing a print shop and it was one of the things I had to have when I left.
So this is the Zutter Kutter mentioned to showcase at the CHA next weekend.
My understanding is it has an adjustable blade height, And scores as well as a guide on the left and right. I love that! I like to have my guides. Cuts up to 13 inches, foam board, art board. I have been thinking about a new trimmer for my craft room. this might be the one I look into. Takes less space then my scoring board. With the price tag I have seen mentioned around the web for 170.00 possibly. I might have to hold off for a bit, but if it is worth it. It is worth it. :-) nothing like a crisp and perfect depth score.
And next as seen in different places is the Zutter Distressor. I also am interested in this product because on many occassion I give up with the distressing. My hands just ache. A friend of mine told me this may be directly related to my gluten intolerance which I soooo like better then.. "you are just getting old" so i will have to look into that a bit more, but if this little machine works. I am interested to see how it really works because there is not a lot of great info about it out there yet. Then it has a wide channel to distress multiple papers at one time. We shall see. Another one I will be interested in.
If you see anyone with video showing these two machines at work on their blog from CHA.

I have a feeling these two items will be on my Christmas wishlist for next year.

Please post a comment so I can go check them out. I am not headed to CHA this year as I am using my weekend getaway to spend time at the KNK Retreat with Sandy McCauley in February.

Have a wonderful day and if you see something that interest you for CHA Jan 2010 send me an email. Things are popping up all over the web.

Don't forget.. tomorrow is our Grab Bag Reveal... How is that gonna work??

Well folks the designers will be revealing on each of their individual blogs. I will be getting up and getting the kiddo to school.. Then I will sit down and hit the store and change the price to $8.00 for the reveal price. So if you think you might want it. there is a small window of opportunity to get it for the early non-reveal great deal of $7.00. Yes it's a gamble over a dollar. But hey it's worth it! So don't forget to hit the sites.

Here is Darcy's Blog, Sharon's Blog, Tina's Blog. Watch to see what great files they added.

Really this is a great group of files at such a steal from such great lady designers. After January they will individually be offered in the store, but won't be sold together again! Lots of fun!

And can I tell you. I have seen most of the February Grab Bag files already and they are soooo worth it. I wouldn't miss it at $7.00

Have a wonderful day!! woohoo!! Almost Friday.

Enjoy!
Chris


Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**