Monday, January 25, 2010

Our day in the snow...

Well my kiddo got his wish. Saturday morning. there was snow.. Woohoo!! Mom and Dad were tired, but still we had a little boy running around to the windows in the morning and he came back and poked me in the shoulder. MOM THERE IS NOOOO Snow. Drats! he was major unhappy. I said with one eye open " Sweets, it was tooo wet to stick. Go back to the window and look at the mountains. We'll drive to the mountains if there is snow". So I hear the little feet run down the hall. My husband is giggling with his eyes closed. as am I. Then I hear... WOOHOO!! and little feet running down the hall back to the room then a side detour.. for who knows what.. then quiet... then my ears are perking by my eyes are still closed. I think it is about 6 a.m. on Saturday. I was hoping for a little sleep. ha! And soo.. I am waiting and I feel poke poke on the shoulder and I open my eyes to black and white checkered flag waving from the nascar race and my kiddo whispers to a loud excited voice. WE HAVE VICTORY!!! There is snow on the mountain. Let's go. ... I explain to him that Mom & Dad are just not ready to go yet, but there are some things we need to do.. Like have breakfast, find your beanie/stocking cap, gloves, jeans, put two shirts on, find jacket, brush teeth... Okay ... and he runs off down the hall. Needless to say he was ready to go before we were. haha. So here are some pictures of our adventure and if I have time I will upload the video of the snow fight and the explanation of snow from an arizona boy! haha.


So do you see this picture. Really do these boys think I was born yesterday??? or didn't live a good portion of my life in Wisconsin. Really? come on...

Yep.. concentration on that snowball...
And the giggles are taking over.. will he make it as close to Mom as possible...

hahaha.>> Yes here he comes after a round about run at me.. hahaha. Love that grin.


Okay no lectures. and yes we used a storage lid for a sled. I don't have a sled I live in the desert. however in a few weekends we will be at a cabin so we may need to invest in one. This did the trick for us.. however.. it cracked and won't make it as a storage container. But I think we got our full use out of it...


And here is our improvised sled/snow shield. He is giggling so hard he can't get any snowballs thrown...


Now using the shield and hand method...





Well forget it... Let's just use the whole thing as a shield... You could still hear giggles behind it.


And that is of course the Yoda Snowman that the boys made because we are never far from star wars. haha. We had hot cocoa on the side of the road which my hubby thought to bring and played for a few hours. lots of fun.

See this deer in the distance.. It was a way off, but we were suprised to see it because we had passed quite a few hunters on the way.



And this is the snowball we road with on the truck to Uncle Bryan's, our neighbor, we saw him just as we were passing his house. so we stopped in his drive and my kiddo got to pelt him with the snowball. Uncle Bryan is from Michigan and cannot stand the cold. he starts to wear bib overalls three shirts and lots of under clothes if it is below 80 degrees. He dealt with it when it comes to a 5 year old throwin' a snowball. It made it most of the way home and then started to melt fast. Lots of plans for that snowball on the way home.


Anyways... It was such a great day! We had so much fun. If I can get that video up I will load it. It just made me giggle. All in all it was just so wonderful. Love my Guys. Love my life.




Enjoy!

Chris


Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo, ecraft. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster, Make the Cut and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**