Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Favorite things 2010

First let me say. Thank you to my sister for getting this shot.

 

This year the ladies favorite things basket was again a ton of fun. Every year on Christmas Eve we get a bag filled with goodies that are our family members favorite things for the year. Mine was the canned goods. I had a box of about 21 jars and everyone got 2 or 3 jars. It was done by lottery because I didn’t have many of the same item, but a wide variety. Lots of wrangling for the jars they wanted. My favorite thing I learned this year was definitely canning. I think everyone in the family liked it lots to. The rest of the items ran the gamut of fancy hangers so your shirts don’t slip off. (yeah love these) to eco friendly cups, folders with bling for organizing, a homemade heat pack for the neck when it is stiff, salad hands for tossing salad or pasta, pedicure set in fantastic wild colors, fancy wine bottle stopper,  and more. This is a great time to share the find and usually you learn something more about the person who gave it because everything comes with a story. The men do favorite things also only they don’t come with stories as in depth and giggly as ours. Just a lot of oh yeah that’s cool.. cool.. cool. nice.. or sometimes you can hear… “it really works” or “I wanted to try that”. All in all it is a lot of fun and is on a voluntary basis. 

 

I saw this today and I loved it so had to share…

 

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

 

 

And I am now off to the shower. Seems our propane has run very low and we didn’t realize it. Hoping to get in the last hot shower before it runs out and we hope to get on the schedule for delivery. Yikes. We turned off the heat last night and snuggled up and bundled up for bed. We live in Arizona so it wasn’t really to chilly this morning and already is warming up quickly. But a cold shower. Yeesh that could get your body shaking in the a.m.

 

Enjoy!
Chris

 

 

 

No comments:

**