Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My hubbie's Valentine Card...

Here is my hubbies Vday card. It is not how it started out, but definitely I am happy with the end results. I always get stumped when trying to make a card for my hubby that is not so over the top and girly. I found this piece of paper. you can't tell in the picture but the burnt red images are shiny and have a slight glitter touch to them. And there is more of a closeup of the paper further down. I had a stamp I bought on clearance that said yes no maybe so. And the blue staples my friend Lori sent me and at the time I was wondering what I would do with a 5000 box of blue staples, but I really like them and may need to do some searching for more when I make it through my reserves. This ribbon I ran across when organizing my ribbons into these nice oversized Ball Canning jars. More pictures on that later in the week. But when I saw the paper I knew the ribbon would match perfectly.
Here is a closeup of the ribbon. the angle of the word isn't great to see but it says cherish. And you can see the little gold glitter hearts I drew in order to make it more Vday-ish. I love my sakura glitter pens.

Here is the inside. Which I used another corner of the paper and ripped it and attached to the maroon cardstock base I used. This card is square 6x6 and folds up.


Here is a closeup of the gold leaf. I have a few of these and think they are so classy and popped a little on the paper.  I glued it right along the spine so it wouldn't stay flat.


And here are my words as I tried to write similar to the stamp I used. To make my own "absolutely" check box.


Well he tells me he doesn't read my blog often. So I hope that still holds true. Or he better act totally impressed and in love with it when he opens it. hahaa.

All from my stash. Yeah!

And this year I am double happy because he got a homemade valentine again. Maybe I am learning how to manage my time a little bit better or have just wiped those things that don't matter as much off my list of to-do's and focused on the most important ones.

And don't forget I am hosting this week's weekly challenge...
A Valentine Project using one of my files. Any of my files.
The winner from a random draw receives a QMC complimentary membership.  Woohoo!
And for additional inspiration. Visit my Creative Teams blog
There are a lot of great Valentine Projects there.

Have a wonderful day!
Enjoy!
Chris


Chris Durnan, designer at www.visualdesignsbychris.com
GSD KNK WPC AI SCUT files for your personal digital cutters for use with scrapbooking, cardmaking and other hobbies. Whatever your creative mind can come up with!

My files work on many machines. Some of them are: Klik-n-kut, Pazzle, Wishblade, Silhouette, Cricut, Craft Robo. Some of the software involved with these machines are: Funtime, Scrapbooking, WinPC/Signlab, Inkscape, Create & Cut, Illustrator, KNK Studio, Robomaster, DesignMaster and the list goes on..... Enjoy!


And our cutter file "freebies" are kept in the forum. We add to them as we can.

No comments:

**