Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Angels we have heard - sign

My Mother in Law has a collection of angels she asked me to make a sign. This is the finished sign. I modge podged the sheet music behind the letters and added some rhinestones randomly. To hang it there is silver hanging wire. Personally I don't like the ribbon on this picture but hung up next to her angels it looked good. Here at the house I would take off the ribbon. All in all I think she liked it. It was hung within an hour of us getting there. I hope she takes the ribbon off if she'd rather.

So some details.  Plank of wood which is 1x 5ish by 24 inches. I painted.it and let it sit for a while to release fumes. Printed out some sheet.music, ripped the edges and modge podged. Then let it dry. Cut vinyl and used blue painters tape to apply the vinyl. Then spray painted with some krylon matte spray. ( still like the modge podge brand better. But I ran out. ) let it dry and then heat fixed some random rhinestones. Pretty fun.



Enjoy!
Chris

No comments:

**